Leah Markowitz spent the early years of her childhood in Taos, New Mexico. Having grown up in the light and architecture of the area, her love of the colors grew as her interest in painting grew. She was initially trained in watercolor but after ten years, found that painting in acrylic allowed her the freedom to use bright, sometimes outrageous, hues and to use the large shapes she craves. She likes birds as an artistic theme and they frequently populate her canvases.
Leah lives and works in Colorado with her husband and cat Lucy.
Exhibits & Awards
- Lone Tree Art Expo, Lone Tree, Colorado
- Blackhawk Gallery, San Ramon, California; Artists Choice Award
- Art on The Lane, Danville, California
- Watercolor Society of Oregon, Aqueous Media Exhibit
- Watercolor Society of Oregon Fall Exhibit
- The High Desert Museum Art and Design Exhibit
- Watercolor Society of Oregon, Fifth Place Award
- Aqueous Media Traveling Exhibit – International Society of Experimental Artists Exhibit
- Sunriver, Oregon, Library Artist Exhibit
- Recognition Award at Mirror Pond Gallery’s Natural Abstractions Exhibit.
- The Bend, Oregon Sixth Annual Watercolor and Pastel Show